Creating a customer-centric foundation fit for a sustainable future
For Waste Management
“We’re thinking 50 years ahead. As part of this, we’re always investing in technology so we can get even better at managing our collection, recycling, and landfill facilities – so we can all live the way we want to.”
Marsha Cadman, General Manager, Customer & Sustainability
With a strong ethos of safety, sustainability and service, Waste Management was held back by its disconnected systems, which contributed to a disjointed customer experience and an inability to leverage meaningful insight from their customer data.
Waste Management engaged Davanti to work with them on the creation of a customer-centric platform fit for the future.
The right data is now collected and consolidated consistently and accurately, allowing for strategic sales and service decision making and enabling much greater visibility of and connection with the customer at every step of their journey with Waste Management.
Waste Management was challenged by the lack of a streamlined sales process and inconsistent processes across their 24 service centres with disconnected systems, along with complex selling rules and limited pricing governance. As a result, the team had restricted ability to monitor orders, traceability was poor and marketing efforts were highly manual.
Together, Waste Management and Davanti embarked on a digital rethink, starting with a project to build better business-to-business sales and service relationships, with the goal of introducing a consistent sales framework across their business throughout the regions in which they operate.
- A streamlined sales journey across the business – enabling a consistent and accurate selling process framework, accelerating deal closing and introducing a contract management capability
- A unified, mobile-first community for construction customers – digital capability built to service the construction industry’s need for effective waste management on construction sites, available as a Salesforce community and a mobile app
- Customer nurture and actionable customer insights
- Better data enables better decision making and a better customer experience
- Advanced Analytics
- Partners and Communities
- Salesforce Mobile Publisher
- Platforms & Ecosystems
“I didn’t want to end up with 48 layers of technology as we moved to deliver more digital services. By building on Salesforce, we could avoid that and get the benefits of a single platform.”
– Marsha Cadman, General Manager, Customer & Sustainability